As Financial Accountant you are responsible for the daily administration, financial reporting and monthly closings for the entities in your scope. In addition, you are working on improving the processes within the Finance/Accounting department. Within this dynamic organisation, it is important to communicate well with colleagues and external advisors in order to solve complex issues. In cooperation with local Contract Managers, local Finance colleagues and consultants, you know how to solve local issues in a structured way by using your analytical and communication skills.
Smit Lamnalco as your employer
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With approximately 150 vessels and over 1,700 staff and crew worldwide, it has 55 years of operational expertise and is active in over 30 countries throughout the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia. It specialises in bringing international standards on safety and reliability to onshore and offshore operations in difficult environments.
Smit Lamnalco operates a diverse fleet of Harbour & Terminal Tugs as well as Offshore Support Vessels. It has an In-House Technology & New Build team, which enables the company to evaluate and improve performances of its current fleet and to incorporate ‘lessons learned’ into their new-build vessels. This allows it to tailor marine support services to the operational needs of global customers in local markets, both on and offshore.
Your role as Financial Accountant at Smit Lamnalco
The Financial Accountant will report to the Business Controller and will work closely with the Shared Service Centre and colleagues from the Finance department in Rotterdam. In addition, you interact frequently with local Contract Managers, local accountants and tax advisors in the various countries to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations and to assist in the preparation of local financial statements. You will be working for the Africa Europe region. You, as a Financial Accountant, find it exciting to work in a global environment and enjoy solving complex issues within a dynamic, capital-intensive organization.
Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- Ensuring the correct administration of the various entities;
- Taking care of monthly financial reporting and monthly closings (Profit & Loss statement, Balance Sheet, Cashflow);
- Play an active role in budget and forecast preparation;
- Taking care of the tax returns or ensuring the outsourcing of tax returns;
- Providing support to the local contract managers;
- Ensuring proper compliance with laws and regulations in cooperation with local advisors;
- Providing an active contribution with regard to automation, improvement projects and process optimization.
You are a Financial Accountant who is comfortable with working in a complex, dynamic environment. You thrive in a larger organization, are ambitious and like the international aspect of this job. You have a critical eye, are analytically strong and can communicate well with colleagues at national as well as international level.
Furthermore, as a Financial Accountant you have:
- A (bachelor) degree in Accounting;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in Finance and Accounting, experience in a capital-intensive organization is a plus;
- Critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and you are highly motivated;
- Experience with working with ERP systems;
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language. French is a plus.
What is Smit Lamnalco offering you?
Smit Lamnalco offers you a challenging position in a successful international organisation. You will have a lot of freedom, independence and the opportunity in a dynamic environment to take personal responsibility, show initiative, follow relevant training opportunities and further develop your talents. Smit Lamnalco offers you an inspiring working environment and a good salary with a competitive benefits package.