Junior Contract Operations Manager
Are you looking for a career in the marine services industry? Look no further than Smit Lamnalco! Smit Lamnalco is a leading provider of safe, reliable and customised marine services to Oil, Gas and LNG terminals as well as Port operations.
Are you ready to take the helm and navigate your career to new heights? Smit Lamnalco is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Junior Contract Operations Manager to join the dynamic teams globally. This is rotational position in Africa and Middle East.
Smit Lamnalco as your employer
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With approximately 150 vessels and over 1,700 staff and crew worldwide, it has 55 years of operational expertise and is active in over 30 countries throughout the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia. It specialises in bringing international standards on safety and reliability to onshore and offshore operations in difficult environments.
Smit Lamnalco operates a diverse fleet of Harbour & Terminal Tugs as well as Offshore Support Vessels. It has an In-House Technology team, which enables the company to evaluate and improve performances of its current fleet and to incorporate ‘lessons learned’ into their new-build vessels. This allows it to tailor marine support services to the operational needs of global customers in local markets, both on- and offshore.
The company’s mission is to provide ’best-in-class’ marine services. Its people, partners and stakeholders are expected to maintain the highest safety standards, to adhere to industry best practices and to improve continuously the quality of its operations. Smit Lamnalco stands out from the competition because of its experienced, skilled and dedicated workforce. For this reason, it considers its people its biggest asset. It believes that training, motivation and craftsmanship are essential to providing marine services that are safe, reliable, cost-effective and best in class.
Smit Lamnalco’s core values are:
- Safety: protect life, environment and assets
- Reliability: deliver what we promise
- Integrity: doing what’s right, always
- Teamwork: move forward with a collective spirit
- Entrepreneurship: dare to do new things
Boluda Towage recently reached an agreement to acquire Smit Lamnalco. Smit Lamnalco was a 50% associated company of Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V and 50% of the Rezayat Group (Saudi Arabia). For more information about Smit Lamnalco, please see their website.
Your role as Junior Contract Operations Manager
As the Junior Contract Operations Manager, you will be trained to grow to the position of Contract Operations Manager. Hence, in this role you will not yet be directly responsible of managing a team. This is a rotational position between the region Africa and MEIS. You might spend a few months in one location and work a few months in another location to learn the culture, the project, the clients, and the dynamics of the work. This might take up to two years depending on your development capabilities. Therefore, a great opportunity to become a standalone Contract Operations Manager.
Eventually, as Contract Operations Manager you will play a crucial role in ensuring the delivery of exceptional services to the clients in a cost-effective and safe manner while managing the assets and coaching your team members in Africa and/or the Middle East. Then, you will manage a team of up to ten employees. You will make sure the vessels will have a complete crew. The captain will report to you.
You will be mainly concerned with the midstream services of Smit Lamnalco. Midstream services include the transportation of oil and gas through pipelines. The Contract Operations Manager will make sure everything is in order for the onshore and offshore team. Safety is essential.
The Contract Operations manager has responsibility of the onshore office and the management of every-day operations. They will manage internal and external stakeholders. For example, managing finance, supply chain, maintenance and spare parts. Also, they will be in contact with local authorities and clients. The Contract Operations Manager has to guarantee safety and they will assure every stakeholder is satisfied.
Reporting directly to the Regional Managing Director, this position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and drive Smit Lamnalco’s success.
Responsibilities that await you:
- Safety First: Lead the charge in maintaining a safe, secure, and professional work environment, ensuring day-to-day operations are executed seamlessly.
- Team Leadership: Inspire, develop, and motivate the staff and crew assigned to the contract. Your leadership will drive their success and contribute to a positive work culture.
- Operational Excellence: Manage our assets and crew on a daily basis to ensure maximum utilization of our vessels. Monitor and report on the financial and operational performance of the contract, ensuring timely payments from clients. Manage crew policies and procedures, while controlling budgets and ensuring compliance with local regulations.
- Financial Mastery: Take charge of financial performance, aligning it with budgets and company objectives.
- Client Satisfaction: Build strong relationships with clients and manage their expectations. Identify opportunities to enhance the current contract and maximize revenue potential.
What is expected?
- Academic Excellence: A bachelor's degree from a Maritime Academy or equivalent marine-related qualifications demonstrate your dedication to your craft.
- Seas of Experience: With your sea-going or other maritime experiences, you possess a deep understanding of the marine industry and maybe even terminal operations.
- Management Savvy: Your onshore management experience and your communication skills make you an effective leader.
- Commercial Vision: Your proactive work approach, coupled with a keen commercial sense, allows you to identify opportunities and drive success.
- Multilingual Navigator: Fluent English communication skills are essential to interact seamlessly with our multinational and multicultural crew and staff.
- Energized and Resilient: Bring your enthusiasm, optimism, and hands-on approach to manage stress and excel in a rotational work schedule.
Relocation for this role will not be necessary.
What is Smit Lamnalco offering you?
Smit Lamnalco, a financially healthy and stable company, is offering you the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment. You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package. You’ll also have the opportunity to make an important contribution to the development and growth of an organisation that operates at the top of its field.
Your application procedure
On behalf of Smit Lamnalco, Habilis Executive Search is looking for the best possible candidate for this position. Peter-Paul Dings and Thomas Tuerlings will lead the process and one will interview you as a potential candidate. If both of you are feeling positive after this interview, you'll be presented to Smit Lamnalco, where you'll first meet the Group Manager HR. Details of how the process at Smit Lamnalco continues will be discussed at that point.
If you recognise yourself in this job profile, please apply below!