NPI Program Manager
Are you looking for a multidimensional Project Management role where you have project responsibility from concept to delivery? Are you ready to build, develop and lead innovative projects for state-of-the-art packaging machinery? Then this role might suit you well.
Ranpak as your new employer
Ranpak was founded in 1972 to create the first eco-friendly system that protect products during transportation. Today, Ranpak is one of the world's largest manufacturers of paper-based packaging material and systems. The company has more than 700 employees worldwide, and its activities stretch to all four corners of the world. The EMEA headcount is about 500 employees. It has earned its reputation as innovative leader in the packaging industry thanks to the continuing development of its material, systems and concepts for comprehensive packaging solutions.
The company, whose mission is `Deliver a Better World', supplies innovative solutions for the protection of products in a way that produces advantages for companies, customers and the environment. The bedrock of Ranpak is a revolutionary business model that has sustainability, innovation and service as its core values. It is driven forward by a leadership team of packaging experts and a strong network of distributor relationships and is continually hunting for opportunities to expand its product range and geographical footprint.
Ranpak also creates solutions designed around automated packaging solutions in customers’ warehouses. These solutions increase productivity, require lower staffing and reduce logistic costs, improve sustainability, and enhance the customer experience.
Responsibility for the environment is at the very heart of Ranpak. All its packaging materials are entirely made of natural materials, which helps fulfil its overriding ambition to bring supply chains in balance with the environment.
Finding the right packaging to develop protective in-the-box solutions that are carefully tailored to specific products and sectors has required a process of collaboration. Over the last few years, Ranpak has been transitioning from a traditional packaging company to a provider of total solutions.
Demand for sustainable packaging products is higher than ever. As a result, Ranpak needs more professionals and a bigger premises. The company currently has several locations in Heerlen, Kerkrade and in Czech Republic, and in the beginning of 2023 it will be moving into a new sustainable European headquarters in Kerkrade. The new location will have space for production, logistics, offices and a large showroom. Ranpak's global headquarters is in Ohio (USA).
Working at Ranpak means being part of a dedicated team of employees who are always prepared to help each other out. Ranpak is a warm and sociable company that greatly values innovation. It fosters an open, honest and no-nonsense culture and a pleasant working environment. It is also growing and changing fast.
The NPI hub that Ranpak is building, consists of four NPI Program Managers, all with a global scope, of which three are located in the United States of America and one in Heerlen, The Netherlands. The NPI hub is led by the Head of Global Engineering and NPI, she is also located in the USA. Furthermore, the Engineering department consists of four teams of eight to ten FTE led by a Manager.
Your role as NPI Program Manager
In your role as NPI Program Manager at Ranpak, you have the responsibility over several NPI’s. In these multidisciplinary projects, you oversee R&D, Purchasing, Procurement, Quality/Testing, Marketing/Sales, Product Management and Supply Chain. All of these disciplines will be represented in the NPI projects and it is your responsibility to coordinate and lead the team to eventually successfully introduce new Ranpak machinery/ products.
Currently, about ten NPI projects are in development. These projects have a lead time of one to three years and consist of five steps
- Customer demand, intake, R&D and feasibility;
- Concept phase
- Planning phase and budget determination;
- Development, testing, quality assurance and control, prototyping and the user interface;
- Trade marketing and sales.
Moreover, your style of leadership is that of a visionary or a coach. You motivate your projectteam. Furthermore, you have the ability to zoom out and take the helicopter view.
In conclusion, you:
- Lead global, strategic NPI’s.
- Provide project leadership during the complete span of the NPI projects, from Concept to Launch.
- Prepare project plans, organize team meetings and coordinate activities of cross-functional resources within the core NPI project team.
- Plan, budget, track, oversee and document all aspects of the assigned project according to Ranpak’s NPI Execution Excellence Framework.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities for core project members as well as other contributors.
- Identify risks/issues within the project. Lead the core team in mitigating and action planning for resolution of those issues.
- Prepare and execute management cadence.
- Drive NPI Project Execution Excellence within Ranpak.
- Act as an NPI Process Excellence Champion. Work to improve and optimize Ranpak’s NPI Project Guidelines and Templates.
- Provide training and coaching on the NPI Guidelines to NPI project members.
- Ensure all NPI’s are properly documented on SharePoint
Moreover, you possess or recognize yourself in the following:
- A bachelor degree or equal in a technical field, e.g. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with Project Management methods, like PMP/PMBOK, Waterfall + Agile/LEAN or PRINCE2.
- At least six years of experience leading complex projects with multidisciplinary teams in a global setting.
- At least six years of experience with design/ automation.
- Experience with Engineering Project leadership including NPI launches.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with colleagues at all levels in an organization.
- Client and Quality centric.
- Natural leader which can collaboratively get things.
- Pro-active mindset and a quick learner.
- Analytical and observant.
- SAP System experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Good knowledge in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to give presentations.
- Willing to travel occasionally (international).
What does Ranpak have to offer?
Ranpak is offering an exciting and multifaceted position that is crucial to its growth and professionalisation. You have the opportunity to work on plenty of interesting and challenging, NPI projects on a global scale.
Ranpak is also offering a pleasant and stimulating work environment, with the freedom to develop your own initiatives and personal skills. Furthermore, in 2023 Ranpak will move into a new and sustainable European headquarters.
Finally, Ranpak is offering a competitive salary and excellent secondary benefits
- 30 holidays;
- A maximum of 11% bonus based on company results;
- A company fitness subscription;
- A work-from-home policy.
The application procedure
Are you interested to hear more about the position of NPI Program Manager at Ranpak in Heerlen? The procedure will be as follows:
After we receive your resume, an interview will follow at Habilis. During this interview Bob or Philippe will tell you about Ranpak and the challenge that lies ahead. You will get information about the culture, where the organization stands and where they want to go. You will also be given the opportunity to present yourself and ask any questions you might have.
If we both believe that there is a potential match, Bob or Philippe will introduce your profile to Marc Croonenberg, Senior HR Manager EMEA at Ranpak and hiring manager for this position.
Are you the NPI Program Manager for Ranpak? Then respond immediately!