Team Lead Quality
Are you looking for a multidimensional Quality role where you have the responsibility to take Quality to the next level? Are you ready to build, develop and lead the Quality Automation team? Do you have experience with Quality in a production environment? Do you live by the principles of Continuous Improvement? Are you resilient and not resistant to change? Then this role might suit you well!
Ranpak as your new employer
Ranpak was founded in 1972 to create the first eco-friendly system that protect products during transportation. Today, Ranpak is one of the world's largest manufacturers of paper-based packaging material and systems. The company has more than 700 employees worldwide, and its activities stretch to all four corners of the world. The EMEA headcount is about 500 employees. It has earned its reputation as innovative leader in the packaging industry thanks to the continuing development of its material, systems and concepts for comprehensive packaging solutions.
The company, whose mission is `Deliver a Better World', supplies innovative solutions for the protection of products in a way that produces advantages for companies, customers and the environment. The bedrock of Ranpak is a revolutionary business model that has sustainability, innovation and service as its core values. It is driven forward by a leadership team of packaging experts and a strong network of distributor relationships and is continually hunting for opportunities to expand its product range and geographical footprint.
Ranpak also creates solutions designed around automated packaging solutions in customers’ warehouses. These solutions increase productivity, require lower staffing and reduce logistic costs, improve sustainability, and enhance the customer experience.
Responsibility for the environment is at the very heart of Ranpak. All its packaging materials are entirely made of natural materials, which helps fulfil its overriding ambition to bring supply chains in balance with the environment.
Finding the right packaging to develop protective in-the-box solutions that are carefully tailored to specific products and sectors has required a process of collaboration. Over the last few years, Ranpak has been transitioning from a traditional packaging company to a provider of total solutions.
Demand for sustainable packaging products is higher than ever. As a result, Ranpak needs more professionals and a bigger premises. The company currently has several locations in Heerlen, Kerkrade and in Czech Republic, and in the beginning of 2023 it will be moving into a new sustainable European headquarters in Kerkrade. The new location will have space for production, logistics, offices and a large showroom. Ranpak's global headquarters is in Ohio (USA).
Working at Ranpak means being part of a dedicated team of employees who are always prepared to help each other out. Ranpak is a warm and sociable company that greatly values innovation. It fosters an open, honest and no-nonsense culture and a pleasant working environment. It is also growing and changing fast.
The Quality department at Ranpak in Heerlen consists of 9 professionals, led by the Global Quality Manager who is also located at the Heerlen plant. The Quality department is separated in two teams, PPS and Automation. PPS is focused on the quality of paper and the small machines that are rented out to customers. Automation, the team you will be responsible for, is focused on the Quality of packaging machinery. Right now, there is one expert in that team, but will grow to four within the next couple of months.
Your role as Team Lead Quality
In your role as Team Lead Quality Automation at Ranpak, you have the responsibility to take Quality to the next level. In this multidimensional role, you are guarding the Continuous Improvement process that takes place within Quality. Furthermore, you understand the value of different disciplines (Procurement, Finance, Software, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Operations) and have the ability to bridge the gap between these departments to ensure the Quality of the Ranpak machines. Therefore, it is important that you have the ability to zoom out and take the helicopter view in order to look at Quality from different perspectives. Ranpak builds machines to order. In the process of building a machine for a client, the Quality department is involved in this process from day one. Therefore, the importance of the Quality department is apparent.
Moreover, your style of leadership is that of a visionary or a coach. You motivate your team and lead-by-example. Furthermore, you prefer to be hands-on and think in terms of solutions. Moreover, you have the ability to read technical drawings and translate those drawings to Quality principles and concepts.
- Have the main responsibility for all daily quality related processes and issues for Automation.
- Continuously improve quality awareness within Ranpak B.V. Automation.
- Define, stimulate and ensure a strategic quality approach within all Ranpak automation processes.
- Maintain control of procedures and work instructions.
- Initiate and maintain Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) system.
- Coordinate and maintain non-conforming part system.
- Coordinate Customer Complaint system.
- Develop and maintain material and product specifications.
- Approval Automation machines and FAT testing with customers.
- Open 2-way communication with all other Ranpak entities.
You have relevant experience as a Quality lead in a production environment. You have a Continuous Improvement mindset and lead-by-example. You are eager to learn and develop yourself as a Quality expert. Moreover, you are a process thinker.
Moreover, you possess or recognize yourself in the following:
- A bachelor degree or equal in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Software knowledge and/or experience is of added value.
- More than 3 years proven management experience.
- Experience as Quality Manager/Specialist/Engineer in a production environment.
- Preferably knowledge in technical Automation systems and components.
- Preferably knowledge of ISO9001 quality management system.
- Convincing and professional towards customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Independent worker but also team player.
- Way of thinking aimed at problem solving.
- Analytical and observant.
- Hands on attitude.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English .
- Good knowledge in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel occasionally (international).
What does Ranpak have to offer?
Ranpak is offering an exciting and multifaceted position that is crucial to its growth and professionalisation. You have the opportunity to work on plenty of interesting and challenging, Quality projects.
Ranpak is also offering a pleasant and stimulating work environment, with the freedom to develop your own initiatives and personal skills. Furthermore, in 2023 Ranpak will move into a new and sustainable European headquarters.
Finally, Ranpak is offering a competitive salary and excellent secondary benefits
- 30 holidays;
- A maximum of 11% bonus based on company results;
- A company fitness subscription;
- A work-from-home policy.